European Union nationals' family members
The following persons are EU citizens family members, as defined by the Directive 38/2004:
- direct descendants (i.e. children, grand-children) who are under the age of 21 or are dependants and those of your spouse or registered partner;
- dependent direct relatives in the ascending line (i.e. parents, grand-parents) and those of your spouse or registered partner.
EU nationals' family member may apply for entry visa to Schengen area under simplified conditions and they do not have to pay any charge for a visa application (if the family member accompanies or joins the EU national).
- visa application form.
- A photo (size 35x45 mm, taken within the last 6 months);
- A valid travel document (plus one copy) which is issued within previous 10 years, contains at least two blank pages for visas and is valid at least 3 months after the expiration date of the visa
- Documentation proving that you belong to one of the categories mentioned above (marriage certificate, certificate of registration of partnership, birth certificate or other official documentation). Original plus one copy.
- A copy of a passport of the relative who is EU citizen.
In case you would like to collect your passport by post please also provide a pre-paid special-delivery envelope (silver envelope from post office).
Family members of EEA nationals who are in possession of a British "Residence Card of a family member of an EEA national", may enter Estonia without a visa if the family member is travelling together with the EU/EEA/EFTA national or to the EU/EEA/EFTA national.